Pregnancy and giving birth is a precious time of your life
Peel Maternity offers obstetrics services in Mandurah in WA. Peel Maternity is a one-stop maternity service suitable for all pregnant women, private or public, no matter how simple or complex.
We are all GP-Obstetricians, all trained in WA, all fully qualified with DRANZCOG (Advanced), hence our scope of practice include all levels of care including caesarean section, complex instrumental delivery, vaginal birth after caesarean, multiple pregnancies and co-existing medical conditions. The midwives and GP-Obstetricians work collaboratively throughout your pregnancy to ensure there is continuity of care.
Benefits of Peel Maternity & Family Practice
- No referral required
- GP-Obstetrician doctors are all trained in WA, all fully qualified with DRANZCOG (Advanced)
- In house ultrasound and CTG monitoring
- Maternal-foetal assessment unit
- Excellent, highly experienced midwives
- Antenatal care and antenatal classes run by our very experienced Midwives and Physiotherapists
- Whooping cough and Flu vaccinations for mothers to be (also for partner and grandparents/for adults; fees apply)
- Counsel and organise Downs screening (NT scans and or NIPT)
- Quality and personalised expert maternity care
- All the Obstetricians have close working relationships with specialists and sub-specialists in Perth and will refer then coordinate care in more complex cases
What are GP-Obstetricians?
GP-Obstetricians are specialist GPs who also provide a comprehensive obstetric service. Obstetrician-gynaecologists are specialist doctors who care for women and focus on pregnancy, childbirth and reproductive health.
At Peel Maternity and Family Practice, Dr Peter Kell, Dr Simon Smith and Dr Gregg Eloundouare the obstetrician gynaecologists. They have all studied the Advanced Diploma of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (DRANZCOG) in order to provide complete antenatal and postnatal care of both mother and baby. This includes performing normal and caesarean deliveries, gynaecological procedures and family planning. As Obstetrician-gynaecologists, we are able to offer the highest standard of healthcare with continuity of care during pregnancy and developing a personal relationship with our patients.
Why do I need to see a midwife?
Our midwives are integral during the care of antenatal patients. During the appointments, the midwives are responsible for all the necessary health check-ups which include:
- Taking blood pressure
- Palpation (feeling baby position and heart)
- Handle any concerns (puffy feet, pelvic pain, what is normal and not normal)
- Providing the schedule of visits to the patient.
With their expertise, the midwives also provide the necessary emotional care to mums and partners to be, listening to the patients and providing one on one support. A pregnancy booklet which includes the stages of pregnancy and services at Peel Maternity will be given to each patient.
Our unique, personalised maternity service
If you have already seen a doctor in your pregnancy we would appreciate copies of all results be sent to us. We believe there is no other service in WA, or perhaps even Australia, that provides anywhere near the quality and personalised expert maternity care that Peel Maternity is able to deliver. We work with a highly collaborative model where the doctors, midwives and allied health practitioners work seamlessly together with each other and our patients.