Our Physiotherapist can help with with pre-birth fitness training as well as help with the birth, relaxation skills, treatment for mastitis or baby massage programmes.
Physiotherapy is available for pregnancy and postnatal conditions including:
- Pelvic pain
- Back pain
- Neck, rib or thoracic pain
- Wrist pain
- Weak abdominal muscles
- Separation of abdominal muscles
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Mastitis/ engorgement
- Painful episiotomies, tears or scars
- Continence problems
- Exercise advice and prescription
- Tens rental for labour
- Antenatal and postnatal exercise classes
- Labour preparation and relaxation
After your baby is born, it is recommended that you seek advice from the physiotherapist if:
- Your baby was larger than 4kg or had a head circumference of 36cm or more
- Your baby was born with the assistance of either forceps or vacuum
- You had a third or fourth degree tear
- You feel a dragging or heavy feeling around the vagina
- You still have pain and/or swelling at or around your stitches site
- You have painful and/or swollen haemorrhoids
- You experience loss of bladder or bowel control or sensation
- You have back or pelvic pain
- You have mastitis
- You have a gap of more than 2 fingers width between your abdominal muscles
- You would like to return to high impact sport within 4 months of having your baby
If you find certain aspects of your life difficult, rest assured you are not alone. At Peel Maternity and Family Practice, we work respectfully and collaboratively with you to discover the source of the problem and explore realistic options for coping and how to put in place change mechanisms to help resolve and overcome the issues.
Why meet with a psychologist?
Life can be hard and tough. Everyone’s situation is unique. Daily tasks such as job, housework, family occasions, can become increasingly overwhelming and leave you feeling drained/exhausted and unable to cope. Christine works with children, adolescents and adults and she is dedicated to providing a high quality psychological service.
Christine has the skills and professional training to help you to:
- Create a healthy mind
- Improve your well-being, outlook and attitude
- Overcome hurdles
- Manage stress and anxiety
- Define what is bothering you
Christine’s interests include working with individuals experiencing difficulty with:
- Difficulties with pregnancy
- Fertility issues
- Antenatal and postnatal mental health
- Adjustments to the various stages of parenthood
Christine uses different approaches depending on the patient. This may include:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Solution Focussed Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Motivational Interviewing
Our in-house psychologist Christine Coleman works with our patients to create plans to improve emotional health and well-being as well as how to make meaningful changes to reach their goals.
Christine has over 25 years of experience working in both public and private practice with a broad range of psychological presentations.
Christine is a full member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS) and has full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia/Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA).
Educational support groups are also available, depending on demand, on a range of topics including stress, parenting, anger management, loss and grief, and social skills for children.
A mobile psychology service can also be provided to meet the needs of clients who are unable to attend our consulting rooms; travel fees will apply.
Medicare or private health rebates may apply to eligible clients. The first appointment is usually one hour.
You may be experiencing struggles in your life and are unsure of how to move forward. Depression, Anxiety, Addiction, Relationship Issues may all be taking their toll and you want some positive way forward.
Rise Counselling knows only too well that compassionate counselling can provide relief, strategies, and help with goal-setting that can turn your life from a struggle into a fulfilling journey.
Whatever the reason you are looking for some guidance and solution-focused therapy, we can help you – and you will leave with hope.